8 Warning Signs That Your Body May Be Toxic
In addition to the foods we ingest, toxins can find their way into our bodies through household cleaners, makeup, perfume, shampoos and conditioners, plastic containers, pathogens and unwanted bacteria in food an soil, chemicals from the paint in your home and the carpet on your floor, and a host of environmental pollutants. The liver has to process ALL of these toxins.
So we live, eat and breathe toxicity. Listed below are 8 warning signs that your body may be toxic:
- You may feel bloated or swollen.
- You may have gained weight or have difficulty losing weight in spite of calorie restriction.
- You may have trouble sleeping or feel tired after a full night's sleep.
- Your sinuses or head may feel congested.
- You may experience cloudy thinking and/or forgetfulness.
- You experience heartburn, acid reflux, digestive upset, or have a tough time eliminating.
- You have lower back pain or other unexplained aches and pains.
- You have dark circles under your eyes or have a "puffy" face.
The above list are just some of the possible signs of toxicity, but this list is far from exhaustive. The bottom line is that cleansing is important for everyone. Even if you eat "clean", which means you are consistently eating food in its most natural state, we all have some level of toxicity due to environmental factors.
Detoxification is one of the body's most innate functions to keep healthy - it is as basic to us as breathing. In order to protect us from harmful substances that find their way in, our bodies naturally detoxify each and every day. It eliminates wastes through the kidneys, colon, liver, lungs, lymph and skin. Ideally we would live in a pollution-free wold, but his is unfortunately not our reality today.
Despite our best efforts to eat healthy by choosing organic or fresh food we still need support our organs and cleanse it on a consistent basis to maintain optimal health. The build-up of toxins puts a burden on our cells, which leads to an unhelathy body. In order to bring the body back into balance, we must choose to eat clean regularly and cleanse our bodies to eliminate wastes. Simply put: disease is not found in healthy tissues.
Did you know the body can carry up to 15 pounds of toxic waste? The right cleansing program will strengthen digestion and decrease inflammation, thereby reducing inflammation and bloating in the body.
Any healthy cleansing program should address the following:
- Remove acid waste that leads to inflammation, congestion, and poor digestion.
- Support the immune system by unclogging the digestive system, therefore creating a less acidic state and favoring a more base/alkaline state.
- Reduce the toxic load so you can digest, assimilate, absorb, utilize, and eliminate properly.
- Remove toxins from the cells so they can regenerate and repair.
5 Steps to reduce toxicity in your body
Don't worry you don't have to go through life feeling sick and bloated all of the time. Listed below are 5 steps you can take to reduce toxicity in your body.
- Add a probiotic or cultured foods to your diet each day.
- Digestion starts with chewing. Chew your food well and allow your saliva to aid in the first stage of digestion. This will also signal your brain to register a feeling of satiety.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day. It will keep you hydrated and assist in flushing out some of those toxins.
- Eliminate processed foods from your diet.
- Eat unprocessed organic fruits, vegetables, healthy fats, seeds, plant protein, clean protein sources (hormone free and organic if possible).